Friday, May 31, 2013

Second Project on hold - Book Three starts Today



Day 52 of my year of writing and struggling with no clear vision of what the book is about, though I have the ideas they are competing and dragging away from each other, none more viable or more natural than the other.

That approach worked for me on the first book, it also worked well when I wrote back in my 20's. The Heist story was well formed in my head (but then again so was Only Laugh at first) so it was a matter of making the pieces in parts and finding the links to make them whole.

Not sure with the Babel that it's not a case of a good idea looking for a story instead of a story looking for and way to tell itself.

I'll think about it for a bit, get to grips with the themes I was aiming at and come back to it later.

In the meantime a book I wrote pieces of back in the early 2000's again based on an idea that wanted fleshing out, I feel now is time for a rewrite, not from the original manuscript but from the formed plot in my head.

I have a tendency to write big ideas, usually way too big for the stories they are actually in, but that's part of the process as I'm less interested in making a product and more interested in producing, as pretentious as that is.

So Darwin's Game comes back, and the piecemeal nature of the story unfolding should suit this episodic daily writing lark.

-Wayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave any comments about the project - but be aware I won't be taking suggestions, requests or feedback on the content or style of writing - I want to write what I want free of any one else's issues.